SMARTREACH – communications for smart energy
SmartReach is the dedicated smart metering communications solution based on Long Range Radio (LRR) connectivity. It provides a high quality, secured wide area network (WAN) service connecting smart meters in homes across Great Britain, wherever they are located. SmartReach is backed by four leading companies: Arqiva, BT, BAE Systems Detica and Sensus. Combined, they bring a wealth of smart metering, communications and security experience with a strong track record of managing critical national infrastructure. In Great Britain, the government’s smart metering implementation programme is calling for the installation of smart meters in homes nationwide by 2019. This ‘once-in-a-generation’ opportunity promises billions of pounds in energy and cost savings for consumers, and utilities. To be successful, the programme needs to deliver real-time information through a dedicated, secured, universal communications network which has proven reliability; minimise whole-life costs and ensure the best consumer experience both at installation and throughout its operational lifetime. SmartReach can meet these requirements by:
- Supporting the fastest, right first time, installation of smart meters
- Providing a solution that is proven to communicate with meters securely wherever they are located including through trials in Great Britain.
- Minimising call-outs for installation and maintenance
- Providing a consistently high quality service and better information for consumers
- Being standards based and with a roadmap to smart grids
Find out more about how we can meet the smart metering challenge.